[pure-silver] Re: Problem with 2 tray hypo (fixer).

  • From: Jean-David Beyer <jeandavid8@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 04 Dec 2009 08:53:16 -0500

Jean-David Beyer wrote:
Bogdan Karasek wrote:
Jean-David Beyer wrote:
I do not leave stuff in trays overnight because, even were I to use
plastic wrap, it would have to be in contact with the solutions; otherwise, the solutions would just absorb the oxygen in the air
above the solution.

Hi,

I lay down the Saran Wrap so that it floats on top (in contact) of
the solution and hopefully cuts all contact with the air.

OK. I wonder if anyone has tested the wrap to see how permeable it is to oxygen.

I do not know about Saran Wrap, but a friend of mine used to work at a chemical plant belonging to a company that had been in business well over 100 years. They made plastic film, such as Cellophane and similar ones used for dielectrics in capacitors. Once a worker got so pissed off he tossed the disc from a floor polisher into the mixer. It was one made of steel wool. My friend thought that pretty funny, considering that all the capacitors made from that lot would be shorted out.

 ^^-^^ 08:45:01 up 27 days, 15:19, 3 users, load average: 5.02, 4.75, 4.64