[pure-silver] Re: Problem with 2 tray hypo (fixer).

  • From: Bogdan Karasek <bkarasek@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 03 Dec 2009 23:52:52 -0500

Thank you, Richard.

I think I'll go the bleach way. Stay away from the acid. In high school, saw the results of a chem experiment that went sour, involved sulphuric acid, not pretty.

Anyway, yes, it was the same tray for both Hypo2's. Actually, I've been using the same tray for the same chemicals for close to eight years. Two different size developer trays, red STOP bath tray, two white Hypo1&2 trays, and 1 water filled holding tray. All marked as such on front and back lips in black indelible ink.

I am always worried about cross-contamination due insuuficient washing so this way, the same chemistry i in the same tray, but I hadn't thought of this angle. Both hypo tray get introduced to Bleach. Subito!

Should I maybe be thinking of getting new trays. These are plastic. How about recyling them. cleaning out the hypo trays with blrach and recycling them into water trays and recycling the water trays into hypo trays., something like that.

Do trays have a lifespan, how do the plastic ones measure up to the old enamel ones I used high school. I seem to remember that they were easier to clean, they were smoother, methinks, jogging my memory.....

 Got the Sulfite.

Thanks again. Always a pleasure reading your eloquently informative missives.

Best Regards,
Bogdan

----- Original Message ----- From: "Bogdan Karasek" <bkarasek@xxxxxxxxxxxx>