[pure-silver] Re: Measuring low levels of silver in fixer

  • From: Chauncey Walden <clwaldeniii@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 31 Jan 2010 10:36:10 -0700

On 1/31/2010 5:00 AM, Ralph W. Lambrecht wrote:
I discard fixer when it has 1g/liter, which is 1 ppk and my Tetenal test strip is sufficiently sensitive to read that. This needs to be diluted with 20 liters of water first to get the silver concentration down to 50 ppm. That's too easy. There must be a quantity limit, or maybe they're trying to tell you something...

How about diluting it and then setting up a drip system to slowly release it to the drain. Then everyone is happy.
Chauncey