[pure-silver] Re: Measuring low levels of silver in fixer

  • From: John Stockdale <j.sto@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 02 Feb 2010 08:53:16 +1000

And I think that it was Ryuji Suzuki who wrote here that silver in used fixer put into the sewer would rapidly combine to form silver sulphide which is chemically very inert (which is why it's good for archival treatment of prints). In the sewer there is no shortage of sulphur-containing compounds to facilitate this reaction!

John

----- Original Message ----- From: "Ralph W. Lambrecht" <info@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>