[pure-silver] Re: Measuring low levels of silver in fixer

  • From: "Ralph W. Lambrecht" <info@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 1 Feb 2010 18:34:10 +0100

Peter

I forgot to add that the reason I wouldn't necessarily do as Ralph suggested and use test strip to determine 1g/L then dilute to 50ppm is that I often leave my fixer out in a tray in my sink and the clearing time reaches unacceptably high values before the silver concentration will even reach 1g/L

Why would that be?

Regards

Ralph W. Lambrecht

http://www.darkroomagic.com

This electronic message contains information that is confidential, legally privileged or otherwise protected from disclosure. This information is intended for the use of the addressee only. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution, printing or any other use of, or any action in reliance on, the contents of this electronic message is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please notify the sender and destroy the original message immediately.

P don't print this e-mail unless you really have to

On Feb 01, 2010, at 10:13, Peter Badcock wrote:

I forgot to add that the reason I wouldn't necessarily do as Ralph suggested and use test strip to determine 1g/L then dilute to 50ppm is that I often leave my fixer out in a tray in my sink and the clearing time reaches unacceptably high values before the silver concentration will even reach 1g/L

And John, your idea of estimating the silver content of the fixer is good in theory. In practise it would require more record keeping/ diligence/calculations (esp. since I often expose smaller strips of paper for testing) than one cleverly devised go/no go silver concentration test.

rgds
Peter