[pure-silver] Measuring low levels of silver in fixer

  • From: Peter Badcock <peter.badcock@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 31 Jan 2010 18:35:32 +1100

Sorry for the cross post if any of you also read APUG, but I'll post
conclusions to both lists.

So I've searched APUG, pure_silver and the 'net but to little avail. Can
folks please list me a few different inexpensive and relatively easy methods
to measure/test when the silver in my (yet to be processed/recovered) fixing
solution is below 50ppm ? Then my local government authority will permit it
to be discarded down the drain.

Some ideas include measuring the conductivity of the sol'n (assuming I am
testing for dissolved silver). Also perhaps Colorimetry. No test strips will
test such low levels of silver.

rgds
Peter