[pure-silver] Re: Holy Jesus Ilford bumped its prices

  • From: "Justin F. Knotzke" <jknotzke@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 25 Oct 2005 18:18:22 -0400

On Tue, Oct 25, 2005 at 03:10:45PM -0600, Jim MacKenzie wrote:

> Another option is to get bulk ingredients and make your own developers.
> Ansco 130 isn't horribly expensive to make, and has a very long working
> life, even as a working solution.  You can reuse it without guilt or shame
> because it is designed for it.

    Thanks to everyone for suggesting alternatives.

    The point I was trying to get across is that Ilford is in business, but
their prices appear to have sky rocketed.

    When Ilford announced that it was in trouble, I, like many others were
worried. And like a teenage boy who promises God he'll never have sex again if
his girlfriend isn't pregnant, I promised I would do what I could to help
Ilford stay in business.

   So there I was, with 5L of Agfa Fixer and 5L of Ilford paper developer with
my mouth wide open when the sales clerk told me of the total.

   Do I continue to support Ilford like I said I would, or do I say "screw it"
and go for all the other options.

   It was really a philosophical dilemma I was having with myself.

   I do have a question: will companies like "Freestyle" ship Selenium over
the border to Canada?

   Thanks to all who replied.

Justin F. Knotzke
jknotzke@xxxxxxxxxx