[pure-silver] Re: Any news from Ilford?

  • From: "Richard Knoppow" <dickburk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2005 17:08:55 -0800

----- Original Message -----
From: "Dave Valvo" <dvalvo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Thursday, January 27, 2005 4:30 PM
Subject: [pure-silver] Re: Any news from Ilford?

>A little ID is used as an emulsion stabilizer which means
>it can't be taken
> out completely for RC papers.
>
> Dave

   But how much effect does it have on development kinetics?
Papers made for activation processing are characteristic in
having a very short induction time. I use Kodak, Ilford, and
Agfa papers and can see the difference between the Ilford
papers which cannot be used in activation processors and the
Kodak and Ilford papers which can. I do not consider this a
shortcoming but only something that is observable.
   The developers I generally use for printing are Kodak
Dektol 1:2 and more recently Agfa Neutol Plus 1:9. At these
dilutions these two behave very similarly.

---