[pure-silver] Re: Any news from Ilford?

  • From: Ryuji Suzuki <rs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, dickburk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2005 18:27:32 -0500 (EST)

From: "Richard Knoppow" <dickburk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [pure-silver] Re: Any news from Ilford?
Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2005 11:33:14 -0800

>    That sounds like it has an incorporated developer. It
> _should_ say on the box, but maybe doesn't. Up until now
> Ilford has not included developer in their RC papers, at not
> in MG Deluxe, so they develop like fiber paper. Nearly all
> other RC papers have incorporated developer to make them
> usable in "activation" type processors.

I'm not sure about this. Although there remains the possibility you
mentioned, I have had an emulsion that shows image in about 10 seconds
in DS-14 though the emulsion was coated on fiber paper with no
developer incorporated. It is a chloride emulsion with a simple
development accelerator. Without the accelerator image takes 30+
seconds to appear.

It's really hard to know what was changed by that piece of info alone.
--
Ryuji Suzuki
"Keep a good head and always carry a light camera."