[projectaon] Re: Outstanding Errata Sprint (Week 1)

  • From: Jonathan Blake <jonathan.blake@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: projectaon@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 12 Apr 2011 10:31:53 -0700

On Tue, Apr 12, 2011 at 3:50 AM, David Davis <feline1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> My suggestion re 04tcod-123:
>
> "At the entrance, you find a discarded wooden crate, containing six Torches
> and a Tinderbox. The mines are dark and you will need to use at least one
> Torch to light your way. You can take as many as you wish but remember each
> Torch counts as one Backpack Item, so be sure to make the appropriate
> changes to your Action Chart."       >
>
> "At the entrance, you find a discarded wooden crate, containing six Torches
> and a Tinderbox. The mines are dark and you will need to use at least one
> torch [sic] to light your way. You can take as many additional Torches as
> you wish but remember each one counts as Backpack Item, so be sure to make
> the appropriate changes to your Action Chart."
>
> with the footnote: "You are assumed to carry at least one lit torch
> [sic] into the mine here; this is carried in the hand and there is no need
> to record it on your Action Chart. For the sake of continuity with
> subsequent sections, you are also assumed to take the Tinderbox; this counts
> as a Backpack Item, and we suggest you discard one item in its favour if
> your Backpack is full. If you already possess an alternative means of
> illumination (e.g. a Kalte Firesphere) then there is no need to take the
> Tinderbox."

I like the change to the text. For the footnote, how about we simplify
by being more prescriptive:

"Unless you already possess an alternative means of relighting the
torch later (e.g. another Tinderbox or a Kalte Firesphere), record
this Tinderbox on your Action Chart as a Backpack Item. It is not
necessary to record the one lit torch on your Action Chart."