[projectaon] Re: Outstanding Errata Sprint (Week 1)

  • From: Simon Osborne <outspaced@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: projectaon@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 13 Apr 2011 13:12:08 +0100

Made changes to Sections 117, 315, and 322. Also made minor alteration to Section 79 and added the footnote from Section 123. Hopefully we need never revisit this ever again! >_<

On 13/04/2011 11:42, David Davis wrote:
Well, the text as it stood didn't really make sense (i.e. it assumes you
have a means to re-light your torch after taking a nap, even if you
didn't take the Tinderbox)

I agree that we should probably decapitalize the torch in subsequent
sections in the mines (unless there's a bit where you can lose your
torch and need to re-light a different one of face coming to grief in
the dark? I can't remember!)

*On Wed 13/04/11 11:16 AM , Timothy Pederick pederick@xxxxxxxxx sent:
*

**

    The only remaining question is, what about the Firesphere? I'm not
    really happy with forcing the player to take a torch, even though
    later sections assume you have one, and even though it doesn't
    impact your Action Chart (one torch, no Tinderbox -> no changes). It
    just doesn't make sense to me... it's like using a lighter to light
    a match to light a candle.

    Wait, I tell a lie. There's one more question. Since we're not
    capitalising the first torch taken, should we uncapitalise it in the
    next section, s.315, and any later sections that talk about "the
    torch you're currently holding"?