[projectaon] Re: Outstanding Errata Sprint (Week 1)

  • From: Simon Osborne <outspaced@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: projectaon@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 12 Apr 2011 11:42:18 +0100

On 12/04/2011 00:37, Jonathan Blake wrote:
On Sun, Apr 10, 2011 at 2:07 PM, Simon Osborne<outspaced@xxxxxxxxxxxx>  wrote:

(ft)    17tdoi  213, 322:       [so:  Can we improve this puzzle for
partially-sighted readers?]

<http://www.projectaon.org/test/en/xhtml/lw/17tdoi/sect213.htm>

<http://www.projectaon.org/test/en/xhtml/lw/17tdoi/sect322.htm>

(Link to Map:
<http://www.projectaon.org/test/en/xhtml/lw/17tdoi/maplarge.htm>  or
<http://www.projectaon.org/test/en/xhtml-simple/lw/17tdoi.htm#map>

I like your description.

OK, that's two votes for my description...! Assuming we go with it, how do we reconcile thepuzzle in Section 213, which assumes there are only 2 islands within 150miles of Xaagon, with the fact that there are actually four? While the current description works perfectly, those relying on the actual image will always be wrong! If we change the text of Section 213 (to "...half the number of islands..." then I would need to partially rewrite the description.

(Is this also worth flagging up for the Mongoose guys?)

======================================

(ft)    02fotw  160:    [jc: You should choose to demonstrate Weaponskill
discipline only if you possess the appropriate weapon. ]

If we're assuming that it's a display of skill rather than actual use in a combat, and that all players will begin the adventure carrying at least one Weapon, this seems unnecessary. Marked as Rejected with explanations.

======================================

<http://www.projectaon.org/test/en/xhtml/lw/03tcok/sect51.htm>

<http://www.projectaon.org/test/en/xhtml/lw/03tcok/sect76.htm>

I'm not sure which combat is harder, the one against 30 CS or several
against 14-17 CS. Another factor is that section 285 gives you a
chance to escape. I'm tending to agree with you, Timothy, that we
should leave it as-is.

Seems about right, yeah. Marked as Rejected on the relevant Errata page, along with the reasoning.

<http://www.projectaon.org/test/en/xhtml/lw/03tcok/sect160.htm>

Simon: This may have a knock-on effect across the books.

Change it to "Otherwise leave the tent and attack the Baknar by turning to 78."?

Yes, this seems correct. I hope it doesn't mean we need to make 100 other changes across the books, though! Fixed.

(er)    03tcok  252:    Loi-Kymar bridges the moat with creepers and joins
you on the platform. [jc: If you arrive here from section 213, the bridge of
herbs is still intact, however it is difficult to solve, maybe footnote?]

<http://www.projectaon.org/test/en/xhtml/lw/03tcok/sect252.htm>

The "more" suggestion is brilliant. :)

Absolutely! Fixed.

======================================

(ft)    12:     [jc: If you lose your Backpack in sections 94 or 158, and
fail to found a new one (section 167, or later in section 2), maybe captain
D'Val should offer you a new Backpack here (the same as is footnoted in book
2, section 31).]

Agreed.

Unanimous decision--Fixed!

<http://www.projectaon.org/test/en/xhtml/lw/04tcod/sec123.htm>

Add a sentence to the end of the paragraph in 123 that says "Also
record the Tinderbox on your Action Chart as a Backpack Item."?

See the reply to David's comments. It doesn't look as though it can be a straightforward fix, annoyingly.