[projectaon] Re: Outstanding Errata Sprint (Week 1)

  • From: David Davis <feline1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <projectaon@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 12 Apr 2011 10:33:01 +0100

Hah!

OK, so I think that to summarize:
 - there's no need for players to record the first torch they take on
their action chart.
 - for gameplay reasons though, they do need to take the Tinderbox and
record that as a Backpack Item (because on some routes, you put out your
Torch when you take a nap in the mines, then relight it). However if they
have a Kalte firesphere, they don't need to take the Tinderbox.
 - any extra Torches are backpack items.

 So, I'd suggest a footnote along the lines of "Unless you possess a Kate
Firesphere, the it is assumed you take the Tinderbox here. Record it on
your Action Chart as a Backpack Item."

 --
 http://www.feline1.co.uk

 On Tue 12/04/11 10:05 AM , Simon Osborne outspaced@xxxxxxxxxxxx sent:
  On 11/04/2011 23:25, David Davis wrote:
 > IIRC there's sections later, in the ruins of Maaken, where you need a
 > source of light otherwise you get killed by a Daemonak?
 > Does the Torch work there?
 > In which case, you do need a way to carry it (for it seems you can
 > extinguish it and pop it back in your Backpack and relight it later, as
 > this happens in the mines when you take a nap).
 > Although does the Torch refuse to burn in Maaken and you gotta have the
 > Firesphere? I can't remember...

 Ah! You remember rightly:
  doesn't really matter if it's recorded on your Action Chart in any case!

 It just seems a lot of faffing about moving items from "Special" (in the
 hand) to "Backpack" (when doused) and then back to "Special" again (when
 relit). Easier just to use the lit Torch as a 0-space item (like the
 Ragadorn Coach Ticket) and assume it has burned down by the time you
 exit the mines--no need for any bookkeeping.

 > Bear in mind also that, in those heady days prior to the introduction
of
 > "Safekeeping" and 12-special-items-limits,
 > you could merrily carry as much junk as you like as a 'Special Item',
 > indeed it was kinda all part of the fun...

 But it was changed because of you cheaters! The rest of us would
 sensibly carry around 14 or 15 Special Items, but you people just had to
 push too far and they changed the rules. It's all your fault! :-p