[projectaon] Re: Last of the 28thos errata

  • From: Jonathan Blake <jonathan@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Project Aon List <projectaon@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 17 Jun 2014 14:04:35 -0700

On Sat, Jun 14, 2014 at 4:22 AM, Simon Osborne <outspaced@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On 13/06/2014 23:37, Jonathan Blake wrote:
>>
>> On Fri, Jun 13, 2014 at 12:05 PM, Simon Osborne <outspaced@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
>> wrote:
>
> My main thought is that it would be nice to get all the books in a state
> where there is nothing outstanding against them. Currently that entails:
>
> 1) testing The Hunger of Sejanoz for spelling/gameplay issues
> 2) agreeing on the placement of the small illustrations in Book 28 (done?)

I ran through the small illustrations, and I agree with their
placement. Anyone else?

> 3) footnotes issues across the books

I'm open to this one.

> 4) re-scanning the maps for Books 9-18 to remove jpeg artefacting, and
> editing certain labels (see
> <http://www.projectaon.org/en/Errata/MapCorrections>)

There are some original scans available on the website, but not for
all of 9-18. I don't think this one should hold up publication of 28
because it'll take a little while.

http://www.projectaon.org/staff/jonathan/Original%20Scans/

> I think most of the footnote issues I raised (post dated 30/03/2014) are
> straightforward and can be decided upon/resolved quickly, though there are a
> few that might require a bit of discussion. Conversion to errata where
> possible seems the way to go, I reckon. I can't see it would delay release
> of Book 28 by any more than a week or two,* and would mean we don't have the
> pain of having to frequently update the "All-in-One" mega-download of all
> the books.
>
> * And it's surprising how quickly people respond about contentious issues
> such as footnotes and how we can remove them!

:) I'll try to respond to the footnote discussion within a day or two.