[projectaon] Re: Last of the 28thos errata

  • From: David Davis <feline1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "projectaon@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <projectaon@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 18 Jun 2014 20:49:36 +0100

I'm afraid the book itself doesn't reveal the answer - my Sparrow 1st
edition of 'Flight From the Dark' says "First Published 1984. Reprinted
1984" on the copyright blurb page.

So, the first printing had already sold out before I got my copy... which
was via a mail-order book catalogue for schools (Puffin Books, I think,
although I could be wrong)... this was in my last year of Primary School
(term started in September 1984,,, and I seem to recall it was still sunny
when I got my copy - so probably Sept or Oct..)  - so seems more likely
that Flight From the Dark was published in Q1 or Q2 of 1984 if it had had
time to sell out it's first printing by Sept/Oct...?

David