[projectaon] Re: Book 13 Erratum

  • From: John TFS <johntfs@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <projectaon@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 15 May 2012 18:39:37 +0000

> I can see that the Silver Helm, Silver Bracers, and Kagonite Chainmail make
> LW a little munchkin-like, but why eliminate the Korlinium Scabbard?  It
> only ever serves as flavor text anyway, and it's asked for in a few places
> like 17tdoi sect. 339.

For two main reasons.  First, it makes the number of Special Items even.  Also,
with the Special Items capped at six, that means your "crossover Items" will
take up only half the allotted spaces on your Chart (granted that I know that
the Korlinium Scabbard doesn't count toward your Special Item limit).
Secondly, you get the Scabbard again in Book 17 anyway if you choose "no" to
the "do you have the Scabbard" question in TDoI, section 339.  Plus, I felt a
little bit bad for Banedon and Rimoah.  They came all that way with all those
cool magic items and it turns out you don't need any of them.  So, this way
they at least get the satisfaction of giving you a Korlinium Scabbard.