[projectaon] Re: Book 13 Erratum

  • From: John TFS <johntfs@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <projectaon@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 9 May 2012 15:51:19 +0000

> From: feline1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
> To: projectaon@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Subject: [projectaon] Re: Book 13 Erratum
> Date: Wed, 9 May 2012 07:25:09 +0100
>
> I agree with Chris's reasoning below, and furthermore do we have any
> canonical basis for changing it?
>
> To be honest, it's a bit like that thing were a kid in school asks the
> teacher "Please Miss, can I go to the toilet?" and she says "I don't know,
> can you?" and they apparently should have asked "May I got to the toilet?"
> (Well, they used to do that in the UK in my day, at least.... it's probably
> illegal now or something ;)
> i.e. it's pedantic and we could add a footnote musing about the possible
> interpretations if you want, but they seem to pain some people.

Assuming that Veteran players can reset their stats, does this also mean that
they can also keep and use their various allowed Special Items (Sommerswerd,
etc)?  Also, does this means that they can use their Magnakai
bonuses(Psi-surge, Weaponmastery) as well?

Let's take an example, shall we?

At the end of the Magnakai quest we have a Lone Wolf with a CS of 20 and and EP
of 36(his initial picks back in FFtD were 5s for both stats).  Like a dutiful
(and fortunate) Lone Wolf, he's collected all the various Special Items and of
course has the Magnakai Disciplines.  So, he does a stat reset and rolls 5s
again.  At this point his effective stats will be CS 30, EP 35, but we're not
done yet.  Adding in the Special Items' bonuses, he generally enters any fight
with a CS of 45 and an EP of 37.  He also gets +4 for Weaponmastery and may use
Psi-surge against many opponents.  Thus, at Book 13, this version of Lone Wolf
can have an effective CS of 55 and an EP of 37.

For my part, I still prefer my idea if simply adding 10 to your base CS at the
end of Book 12 and subtract 1 from your EP.  Also, you get no bonuses from
Magnakai skills except the +1 EP per section from Curing as everything is
already considered to be added in.  At which point you proceed as a normal
Grandmaster(gaining the full +5 for Grand Weaponmastery when/if you take it).