[projectaon] Re: Book 13 Erratum

  • From: Chris Neilson <crusty.chris@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: projectaon@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 15 May 2012 09:54:27 +1200

On Sun, 2012-05-13 at 22:06 +0000, John TFS wrote:
> Well, the simplest way to handle the situation, to my mind, would be
> to cut some more items off of the list.  Remove the Silver Helmet,
> Silver Bracers, Kagonite Chainmail and the Korlinium Scabbard at Book
> 13.  Then remove the Dagger of Vashna and Helshezag at Book 17.
> Advise the Veteran players to add 10 to their base CS, subtract 1 from
> their base EP and conduct all further play as a normal Grandmaster.  I
> would add that Curing replace the bit about "steady restoration of
> Endurance" with "restore 1 EP per section when not losing EP or in
> Combat."

Cant tell if youre serious :/
Dropping more special items off the list would be a bad idea - I would
consider it a significant enough change that someone who had read the
paperback grandmaster books would look at our version and go "WTF? didnt
I use to be able to take more items than this?"

Ive never really understood the whole add 10, subtract 1 logic ... Im
assuming this is the difference between a veteran player with all lore
circle bonuses and the new Grandmaster stats (+25/+30), in which case
that is a flawed methodology as it assumes that the veteran player has
successfully completed every Magnakai adventure. Far better to say "take
your basic stats (ie ignoring any lore-circle and item bonuses) and add
15 to CS and 10 to EP - this has the same effect but caters for veteran
players who havent completed everything.