[projectaon] Re: Book 13 Erratum

  • From: John TFS <johntfs@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <projectaon@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 13 May 2012 22:06:05 +0000

Well, the simplest way to handle the situation, to my mind, would be to cut
some more items off of the list.  Remove the Silver Helmet, Silver Bracers,
Kagonite Chainmail and the Korlinium Scabbard at Book 13.  Then remove the
Dagger of Vashna and Helshezag at Book 17.  Advise the Veteran players to add
10 to their base CS, subtract 1 from their base EP and conduct all further play
as a normal Grandmaster.  I would add that Curing replace the bit about "steady
restoration of Endurance" with "restore 1 EP per section when not losing EP or
in Combat."

From: feline1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
To: projectaon@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [projectaon] Re: Book 13 Erratum
Date: Sun, 13 May 2012 12:05:15 +0100

It should be remembered that successful completion of previous books is
MEANT to convey a “considerable advantage” upon the player. That’s verbatim out
of the game rules.
It’s also clear from Joe’s Monastery Mailbag answers that he realised that
“carrying all these goodies around” was beginning to get “unrealistic”.
So he put in balancing measures such the grand master stats pick to keen
things manageable.
The most obvious interpretation of the “can” wording is perfectly
commensurate with all the stuff I’ve read Joe say on game mechanics