[projectaon] Re: Book 13 Erratum

  • From: Chris Neilson <crusty.chris@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: projectaon@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 08 May 2012 07:05:05 +1200

On Mon, 2012-05-07 at 13:00 -0400, Amarande wrote:
> The official updated ruling, as reflected in the Mongoose editions,
> was that the per-round EP loss as a result of Helshezag's "evil drain"
> effect is permanent. So you'd get back your EP from actual battle
> damage (yeah, this is a bit of fridge logic too, seeing that Gnaag and
> Nadazgada are made of the same evil stuff as Helshezag, but ...
> gameplay's sake!), but not the EP from the per-round loss, and the
> fight with Gnaag is long: he has 70 EP and your Combat Ratio is bad,
> let's see:
>
> * starting 19 CS (if you even made it this far, you probably have
> this)
> * +5 from the Lore-circles, assuming you chose all the ones that
> benefit CS (you probably haven't made it this far if you haven't)
> * +6 from potion (I seem to remember there is an Adgana available in
> book 12 so you at least have that choice).
> * +6 from Archmaster Psi-Surge (to which Gnaag is not immune)
> * +12 special bonus from using a Darklord weapon in this specific
> battle
> * +4 from Weaponmastery
> * +2 from a Shield (only if you started with book 5, if you started
> with Magnakai you don't have this, as the Shield stopped being offered
> after the Kai series)

couldnt you also have items:
silver helm +2 CS
silver bracers +2 CS (+1 EP)
kagonite chainmail +3 CS (+1 EP)

which would shunt you up at least 3 columns

> I guess it just comes down to "ouch."

Indeed. I would take either one round permanent EP damage OR per round
non-permanent damage and still think that was penalty enough for using a
Darklord's weapon.