[projectaon] Re: Book 13 Erratum

  • From: Chris Neilson <crusty.chris@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: projectaon@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 15 May 2012 12:33:42 +1200

On Mon, 2012-05-14 at 23:33 +0000, John TFS wrote:

> A footnote could be included to mention the other Items.  My concept
> was to balance the LW character with the New Order books for Project
> Aon players.

Ah, I see.
Well I guess thats where we differ in opinion then.
I see the New Order book as a completely different series as there is no
interaction/continuation between veteran Lone Wolf characters and New
Order books (like Grey Star) and hence no reason to bring them into
parity.

>   The New Order GM starts the game with CS from 25-34 and an EP of
> 30-39.  He also gets a Kai Weapon which gives him a base bonus of +5
> CS or a circumstantial bonus from +7 to +9.  The Sommerswerd's
> permanent +8 CS bonus is a little more potent than that of a Kai
> Weapon, but not outrageously so.  Having all those other Special Items
> added in would tend to nerf things more than a little bit, so I tossed
> them.

Youre making the assumption that combats (ie the CS/EP scores of
enemies) in the Grandmaster series are comparable to combats in the New
Order series.

combats from first book of both series, removing duplicates (also not
taking into consideration situational modifiers). easiest enemy in in
21votm has a higher CS than half the enemies in 13plor, that being said
there are a couple of nasty fights (3 Ruel Giganite, Exterminus,
Degradon).

13plor

COMBAT SKILL 18   ENDURANCE 28
COMBAT SKILL 20   ENDURANCE 26
COMBAT SKILL 20   ENDURANCE 28
COMBAT SKILL 22   ENDURANCE 21
COMBAT SKILL 23   ENDURANCE 23
COMBAT SKILL 23   ENDURANCE 27
COMBAT SKILL 24   ENDURANCE 30
COMBAT SKILL 25   ENDURANCE 40
COMBAT SKILL 26   ENDURANCE 30
COMBAT SKILL 28   ENDURANCE 28
COMBAT SKILL 30   ENDURANCE 30
COMBAT SKILL 30   ENDURANCE 40
COMBAT SKILL 32   ENDURANCE 20
COMBAT SKILL 32   ENDURANCE 30
COMBAT SKILL 32   ENDURANCE 36
COMBAT SKILL 32   ENDURANCE 40
COMBAT SKILL 34   ENDURANCE 38
COMBAT SKILL 34   ENDURANCE 44
COMBAT SKILL 35   ENDURANCE 30
COMBAT SKILL 36   ENDURANCE 22
COMBAT SKILL 36   ENDURANCE 34
COMBAT SKILL 36   ENDURANCE 39
COMBAT SKILL 40   ENDURANCE 26
COMBAT SKILL 40   ENDURANCE 30
COMBAT SKILL 40   ENDURANCE 40
COMBAT SKILL 43   ENDURANCE 56
COMBAT SKILL 46   ENDURANCE 36
COMBAT SKILL 47   ENDURANCE 30
COMBAT SKILL 49   ENDURANCE 36
COMBAT SKILL 50   ENDURANCE 50
COMBAT SKILL 50   ENDURANCE 80

21votm

COMBAT SKILL 33   ENDURANCE 35
COMBAT SKILL 33   ENDURANCE 36
COMBAT SKILL 36   ENDURANCE 40
COMBAT SKILL 37   ENDURANCE 36
COMBAT SKILL 38   ENDURANCE 36
COMBAT SKILL 38   ENDURANCE 38
COMBAT SKILL 39   ENDURANCE 38
COMBAT SKILL 40   ENDURANCE 40
COMBAT SKILL 42   ENDURANCE 40
COMBAT SKILL 44   ENDURANCE 39

> As I said above, I made the assumption that the player going from the
> Kai/Magnakai series to the GM series would have gone through all the
> books - because he'd be doing this on the Project Aon site.

Not necessarily.
The first thing I did upon finding this site was replay all the
adventures I had read (I missed quite a few Magnakai and a couple of the
Grandmaster adventures because the books were only available in second
hand stores when i was a kid and i could never find all of them) ... i
didnt see the point in indulging in nostalgia for things i had never
read. Eventually i did go back and read them though I have never played
them (probably why i never realized why combats in book 17 were so
hard).

Also, youre making the assumption that the someone doing the reading is
a "he" ;P