[project1dev] Re: file organization

  • From: Chris Riccobono <crysalim@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: project1dev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 26 Apr 2009 21:30:41 -0700

The continent idea is a very good way to organize it.  We should
probably do something like this:

[ Continent 1 ]

  Art (its own folder) / Models, Textures (subfolders for each)
  Sound / Effects, Tracks
  NPC algorithms / Walking scripts, Fighting scripts, Enemy data

And then just make each continent go forth from there.

A tiny note on sound, the effects would be defined as short sounds
(bang, slash, tada) and tracks would be defined as themes, such as a
fanfare, or level music.

We do need to organize though and build on your idea Alan, for sure.
As we get a feel for what is involved, we will need more folders.