[project1dev] Re: file organization

  • From: eric drewes <figarus@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: project1dev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 26 Apr 2009 00:56:41 -0400

when alan i were originally coming up with the idea for this game, we
actually debated going pure action rpg ala kingdom hearts or zelda...
ultimately, as huge old school final fantasy/dragon warrior fans, we decided
an update to the classic rpg w/ 3d graphics was the way to go.  Our
philosophy was: lets take everything we LOVED about the older games and make
that the backbone of the game... things like exploration, deep story lines,
treasure hunting, strategic combat, a lot of skills, classes, special
abilities and party members, strategic combat and add in our flavor to make
a one of a kind game that is both an homage to the classics and the next
step forward.

i wouldn't judge the game based on alan's temporary combat system... it is
just a filler, we're still only on the first milestone. you have to
remember, we're like 10 feet in on a 10 mile marathon - rome wasn't built in
a day!    We want to make an incredible video game and it's going to take
hard work and dedication and a huge time investment, but when we're done, it
is my ambition and goal that we will have one of the greatest rpg's ever
made.

We have everything we need to do it.. it'll just take time :) so don't give
up on it yet!