-=PCTechTalk=- Re: when sending emails.

  • From: " milady" <kg6ocz@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 3 Mar 2005 09:47:36 -0800

It's hard but I am trying to train myself to remove the forwarded addys.  If
others can't remember to do that or don't know how at least I can try.
ML
From: "Don" <dsw32952@xxxxxxxxx>
To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

My pet peeve is people that forward you an email that was forwarded by
somebody else that got it forwarded  to them by somebody else who also
recevied it as a forward from somebody that got it forwarded to them by
somebody else that got it forwarded to them... and so on ad infinitum.   On
several occassions I have had to open as many as 30 or 40 messages to get to
what my "friend" wanted me to see.

I have preached on that topic so many times (along with the use of BCC) that
very few people send me forwards anymore.

Nowadays when I get a forwarded message that was not cleaned up or was
nested in another message I do a REPLY ALL to every address in every nested
message telling them that I have sold their email address to a dozen
different spammers.  When they reply asking how I got their address I
explain how I got it and how they can prevent others from getting it.  I
then suggest they tell their friends to protect their email address by using
the BCC function.  I also tell them I didn't really sell their address.

Don