-=PCTechTalk=- Re: when sending emails.

  • From: ~OoO~ <SirTroth@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 03 Mar 2005 09:23:12 -0500

Actually, that's incorrect. I can put whatever I want in the FROM address,
and going into the properties will NOT give you the correct email address
its coming from. You can see my IP address and my ISP that I used, most of
the time, but if I don't enter my email address you'll never see it in the
properties cause the information was never sent out. Even the ISP doesn't
know what it is, in a sense. They only know what account of theirs was used
to send the email. They haven't a clue if it was me, my wife, my son, etc.

About not showing your address and the reasoning... well, yes, I can see WHY
you wouldn't want people to see it... but, why would you send anyone a joke
or article or anything interesting for that matter without your email
address? Unless you're entering who its from in the body, sending mail
without a FROM address doesn't seem very useful for me (unless with
malicious or deceiving intent), cause... well, let me give you me, for
example. If I receive an email and its from someone I don't know or from a
blank email addy, I don't even bother with the REPLYING bit to see what
shows up in the address field. I just delete it. I don't bother with it. I
would assume most people are the same.

---Troth