-=PCTechTalk=- Re: trend micro question

  • From: "Dolores" <dshelham@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 16 Jun 2007 09:21:44 -0400

Aha!  That was why I stopped using AVG - I couldn't remember why - the 3 I
mentioned using when I ran them they caused false positives and with the
ingenuity and skill of hackers, etc. no one program can be 100% good all the
time. Now Panda and Trend Micro anti spyware definitely don't get along at
all with the 2007 versions of both (they did with the 2006 one for whatever
reason).  However Panda doesn't get along with anything on your computer!
After I first downloaded 2007 and had problems I let their tech guy access
my computer and he's pointing out the programs I had STORED and NOT
installed and I said at the time that if your program doesn't like anything
on my computer then what good is it as I'm sure not going to have one with
only my OS and Panda on it!  Now I just ignore popups and about once every
eight weeks have to remove and reinstall Panda to get it to work right
again.  If I knew for sure that the Software Outlet one was legit I'd switch
right now - I read over the whole site and they claim that if you show them
a retail internet site that sells cheaper they will match the price and they
SAY it is a full version.  I may just go ahead and gamble the $23 there and
if it is bogus I'll get burned and let everyone know :-)  Dolores