-=PCTechTalk=- Re: offtopc, tv's

  • From: "Dolores" <dshelham@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 16 Jun 2007 09:33:58 -0400

Sometime in the fall they are replacing the smaller WalMart here with a
SuperStore and I've been in them so should be good to shop.  I did have one
very BAD experience a few years ago at WalMart and then couldn't even send a
complaint as couldn't find the blasted correct address - however I've got
over it and still shop there :-)

There is another mainly tv store and I think it's a chain (Rex) and they
have some fabulous deals on tv's as got my last one there and when it goes
will probably look there again if they haven't been put out of business by
all the other stores in the area opening up.  I live in the southern tier of
NY which borders the northern tier of NY and I'm not sure what the
population is but it is a rural area and they are building stores like we
were in the middle of Tokyo!  Obviously there will be empty buildings as
there already is one and WalMart will leave their smaller store empty also.
The original 'inside' Mall has a lot of empty stores too. Between that area
and the 'war' between Eckerd and Walgreen this area is going to have a lot
of empty stores because they all insist on building new ones instead of
using the existing ones that are less than 5 years old.  Okay end of my rant
on the waste :-)  Dolores