-=PCTechTalk=- Re: trend micro question

  • From: "Dolores" <dshelham@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 16 Jun 2007 09:13:13 -0400

Well.... yes I agree with you as used to use AVG and I don't remember for
sure but think I had a problem as that was when I went over to (ugh!) Norton
and then finally Panda.  Surprisingly though I have to admit that when I run
Adaware, A squared and Spybot Search & Destory once a week they often find
some - each one different.  I do think however what they 'keep' finding is
Compaq tracking cookies that were on my computer when I got it and probably
in the registry as none of them seem to be able to permanently delete them -
if I reboot they are right back.  Trend Micro anti spyware also keeps
picking up the same hacking tool (I'm sorry but I can't remember the name
now) everytime I have rebooted and I say delete it but it also does not stay
deleted.  I figure at least they are finding these things and now if I have
had to reboot I always run the first 3 I mentioned and Trend Micro pops up
with the hacking one and I delete them yet again :-) I use Mozilla as my
browser and it also has something that is supposed to block things and sill
they come back which is why I think they were put in the registry by Compaq
when I first got the computer.  Thanks for your input and response!  Dolores