-=PCTechTalk=- Re: trend micro question

  • From: "Don Wilcox" <Dwilcox3@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 16 Jun 2007 07:22:49 -0400

Yes.  But if you have never had to do a clean install of Windows you would
not appreciate the reasons.

1.  Research to find if AVG has any conflicts with S&D Spybot or if S&D has
conflicts with AdAware or if this has conflicts with that or if specific
combinations may have conflicts with anything.

2.  Does this feature of a product duplicate a feature in that product?  How
much duplication gets installed and then disabled?  How much of your system
resources does that duplication waste?

3.  Would you like to install 6 different programs, run updates on all six
and deal with the hassles of configuring six different programs plus
schedule them all for updates?  Or, would you rather just do *ONE*
installation, *ONE configuration, *ONE* update and *ONE* configuration?

4.  Do you want to deal with all of that on every computer you maintain?  I
have five computers I maintain and I can tell you that at less than 50 bucks
TrendMicro is a Godsend.  Even at a hundred bucks it would be worth it.

Don