-=PCTechTalk=- Re: trend micro question

  • From: "Judith/agoodread.com" <jtb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 16 Jun 2007 10:17:42 -0700

Exactly why I like Trend Micro.  My wireless broadband provider
recommended it.  It's not worth my time to use the free ones.  I
never have to worry if I'm up to date.   I figure if I save 2 or
more hours every month, it's worth the cost because I can be
doing other things (writing, painting and making audio books)
which bring me more than enough money to pay for a program that
gives me peace of mind.

Frankly with it's email spam filter which updates daily and puts
all the spam I get into a folder has saved me many, many hours
over the last 7 months.

For instance here are the statistics since 11/16/2006:
Total Messages received 27,005
Trend Micro detected spam 23,209
User reported 1,421 and this includes some I block
User reported not as spam 1

Which is a percentage of:

Normal messages 10%
Spam 85%
User reported Spam 5%

Now it is really easy to report spam to their data base which
Trend Micro updates daily because there is a button at the top
which is to Report Spam.  All I have to do is click on it and
the email is immediately thrown into the Spam Folder.  To clear
the spam folder I do a CTRL-A and then delete.  Couldn't be
easier.

Judith
"Making the complicated--simple"
excellent Tutorials & Books at:
http://www.agoodread.com
_____________________

Yes.  But if you have never had to do a clean install of Windows
you would
not appreciate the reasons.

1.  Research to find if AVG has any conflicts with S&D Spybot or
if S&D has
conflicts with AdAware or if this has conflicts with that or if
specific
combinations may have conflicts with anything.

2.  Does this feature of a product duplicate a feature in that
product?  How
much duplication gets installed and then disabled?  How much of
your system
resources does that duplication waste?

3.  Would you like to install 6 different programs, run updates
on all six
and deal with the hassles of configuring six different programs
plus
schedule them all for updates?  Or, would you rather just do
*ONE*
installation, *ONE configuration, *ONE* update and *ONE*
configuration?

4.  Do you want to deal with all of that on every computer you
maintain?  I
have five computers I maintain and I can tell you that at less
than 50 bucks
TrendMicro is a Godsend.  Even at a hundred bucks it would be
worth it.

Don