-=PCTechTalk=- Re: outlook express question

  • From: The Keyboard Cowboy <KBCowboy@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Cris <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 13 Jun 2005 11:33:29 -0400

You might want to check that.  I believe my Norton AV (part of the
Systems suite) updates every four hours by default.

   Regards from

 Bob -- the "Keyboard Cowboy",
           ,,,,,,,,
          Ô¿Ô¬
 Cincinnati, Ohio - Scottsdale, Arizona
 Monday, 6/13/2005, @ 11:32:32 AM EST
 The more you know, the more you know you don?t know.

 -- Unknown Author

==================|:o:|==================

On Mon, 13 Jun 2005 09:53:31 -0400, Cris wrote:
  |   from Cris:
  |   What is a 'good' anti-virus program?
  |   I had Norton on my old computer.
  |   I know there are a lot of people who don't like Norton, but it
is
  |   a good program.
  |   One of it's drawbacks is that it ususally only updates
once/week,
  |   unless you go to their web site to update it. Potentially, new
  |   worms could  be created every day, and the anti-virus might not
  |   have the protection against them. They are also getting more
  |   sophisticated. Also, if a spam happens to open in the preview
  |   pane, it can send messages back home. Or, you could read it in
  |   plain text. But I don't read my mail in plain text.
  |
  |   I would rather be safe than sorry. I also had never been
infected
  |   this way, but I switched as another safety net. It took me a
  |   little while to get used to it, but now, I wouldn't go back to
  |   using the preview pane.

http://www.sawtoothdistortion.com/Articles/HidePreviewPaneinOutlookE.h
tm