-=PCTechTalk=- Re: Wobbly Fonts - Outlook Express Problem

  • From: "David Morris" <dsmorris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 23 Oct 2007 21:27:20 +0100

Hello GMan
My turn to apologise for the delay

Your explanation about the Registry was as interesting as it was helpful -
thanks

The first thing to report is that I have just added another Identity (in
XP2Pro) and experimented, using it to send emails in Outlook Express.
Astonishingly (to me at least) I suffered none of the font problems,
experienced when using OE with my usual identity. Does this throw any light
on the problems, please?

Next, thanks for the link to the Article with instructions for "Repair".
This (and others I have Googled) start "Configure your computer to start
from the CD-ROM drive" but nowhere have I been able to find how to do this.
I know that I can interrupt booting up by clicking F12 and then selecting
"CD-Rom Drive in the Boot Device Menu, but isn't this a "one off" and I
guess that the Article by Doug Knox has in mind a permanent enablement?

The Article talks about inserting a "Windows XP Setup CD. Is this the same
thing, please, as my Dell "Reinstallation CD MS Windows XP Pro inc Service
Pack 2"?

Sorry for so many questions, but I am determined to get there, in the end!

Regards
David