-=PCTechTalk=- Re: Wobbly Fonts - Outlook Express Problem

  • From: GMan <gman.pctt@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 13 Oct 2007 00:44:48 -0400

Hi David,
    Sorry for the delay.  And sorry for the info I neglected to include with
those instructions.  Had I told you the whole story, you would have been
prepared for that warning about the Import.

    Numerous parts of the registry are always in use as long as Windows is
up & running.  Since they are in use, Windows has a lock on them so they
cannot be deleted (or, in this case, replaced).  However, since they are
active parts of the registry, Windows is constantly refreshing (replacing)
them.  This means that those areas in use are not subject to the corruption
that occasionally befalls less active areas of this most important system
process.  As a result, what you did effectively refreshed only the parts
that weren't already being refreshed.  So, mission accomplished.  It's
unfortunate that it didn't fix the original problem, but you shouldn't worry
that you have done any harm to your registry by the attempt.

    About the only other sugestion I have is to try running a "Repair"
installation using your Windows install CD.  The following link will take
you to a Microsoft page with the instructions for running it.

http://shrunklink.com/adgp

Peace,
GMan