-=PCTechTalk=- Re: Wobbly Fonts - Outlook Express Problem

  • From: GMan <gman.pctt@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 25 Oct 2007 21:48:23 -0400

David,
    I'm very glad that whatever worked, worked.  Getting full functionality
back for you is more important than knowing exactly what did the trick.

    The "Show friendly URLs" item is present in my own IE 6.1 SP1 running
under WinXP Pro SP2.  Perhaps some other combiniation of versions and
subversions is to blame for the omission.  The Apply button was an
assumption I pulled out of my own head.  If ever it's not present in a
future tutorial or reply from me, just substitute an OK button or whatever
else is present that would give the same result.         lol

    As far as trimming replies, no need to apologize for that and I'm very
glad that you took the time to trim as you did.  I'm much happier with
someone overtrimming than leaving in the last 6 posts in a conversation.
That thought is primarily for the folks who subscribe to the group in Digest
mode.  Extra stuff in a reply overinflates the size and complexity of the
Digest version rather quickly.  Still, leaving in the post to which you're
replying allows everyone, including the Digest readers, to easily see the
flow of the conversation.

    I'll go and take a look for the previous post you mentioned.

Peace,
GMan

"The only dumb questions are the ones we fail to ask!"