-=PCTechTalk=- Re: Wobbly Fonts - Outlook Express Problem

  • From: "David Morris" <dsmorris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 8 Oct 2007 19:57:26 +0100

I am stuck!

No problem with CHKDSK nor, I think, with the Registry backup

The difficulty comes after clicking Merge. I get this error message:-

"Cannot import C/Registry copy 08.10.07.reg  Not all data was successfully
written to the Registry. Some keys are open by the system or other
processes"

I have carried out the entire process three times now and have tried saving
the Registry backup to both my C and D drives, but get the same error
message each time. I am pretty sure that I have carried out your very clear
instructions accurately and wonder whether whatever it is that is causing
this problem is what is causing the Outlook Express /font problem. Just a
wild guess

Reverting to your earlier suggestion about repairing the fonts folder, it
seems unlikely that font corruption could be the cause as the self same
fonts work perfectly, when I am using them in Word, or is this a false
assumption?

Many, many years ago,  a quill was used in my office, but only for
occasional "fancy" writing. I still have a beautiful Regency period rosewood
and brass quill sharpener, but just as an ornament

Regards
David