-=PCTechTalk=- Re: Printers

  • From: "Judith" <jtb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 3 Jun 2005 10:12:16 -0700

Thank you, I will go check out Wal-Mart and see if they have a
black ink cartridge for my HP.  Going 6 miles instead of 50
would more than make up for any price differences in cost from
print cartridge place.

Also appreciate the information about color cartridges can be
empty but still useful :-)

Judith
http://www.agoodread.com
Sharing is the key to all our $uccess!

Judith, one of my printers is Deskjet 812C.  Wal-Mart carries a
brand named
Pelican to replace the black ink for app. $18, but they don't
have the color
cartridge in that brand.  I think I got the color at Mr. Ink
(online).  But
relating to your question, my color ran out once and when I
removed the
cartridge the printer wouldn't print at all.  When I put the
empty color
cartridge back in, the printer worked, so both cartridges have
to be in
place for the printer to work.  of the B&W only option, but I
see I have grayscale so that's probably it.
~Glo