-=PCTechTalk=- Re: Printers

  • From: "Glo" <redowl@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 3 Jun 2005 09:51:18 -0700

Judith, one of my printers is Deskjet 812C.  Wal-Mart carries a brand named
Pelican to replace the black ink for app. $18, but they don't have the color
cartridge in that brand.  I think I got the color at Mr. Ink (online).  But
relating to your question, my color ran out once and when I removed the
cartridge the printer wouldn't print at all.  When I put the empty color
cartridge back in, the printer worked, so both cartridges have to be in
place for the printer to work.  (I think Don said the same thing only with
less words.)  I also have a Lexmark X75 3-in-1 I bought a couple of years
ago but have never used, since the ink dried up before I got to print
anything, so I just use it to scan to the computer.  I have been unable to
find Lexmark cartridges at a price I would even think of paying, they are
quite expensive. Also have a Tandy, which I use only for check writing
(continuous feed checks), but I like the deskjet the best. I never was aware
of the B&W only option, but I see I have grayscale so that's probably it.
~Glo