-=PCTechTalk=- Re: HP problem

  • From: "Judith" <jtb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 17 Feb 2004 14:05:34 -0800

Tell them you don't need the software -- just the drivers for
**your specific printer**.  They should be not be large at
all -- somebody just doesn't have enough brains to take that
next step beyond thinking in a box.

In other words, tech support is taking the easy way and just
hoping you will get fed up and go away.

Judith

I did contact HP about this --the last e-mail came back as
saying the file
for correct software & driver was too large to send. Gave me a
URL that took
me right back to the same " it's IN XP already" thing. I asked
for
instructions to delete ALL of HP..and the only ways I was
offered were ways
I couldn't complete. Nothing shows in programs, and I don't
HAVE a current
CD to uninstall THRU. THAT kind of had me curious..why would I
be
uninstalling a current program that worked?..So I am still
stuck.  I even
checked the old program on CD but no uninstall there. So it
would seem
unless they come up with real solution my old HP will be on the
nonuseable
heap.