[pchelpers] Re: Blank Preview pane

  • From: "George" <georgetcox@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pchelpers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 4 Jun 2004 06:20:50 -0400

It's my opinion that a lot of people who have "all" the security updates are
living with a false sense of, well, security. The lag time between when a
risk is identified and an update is produced to nullify that risk can be/has
been substantial and new flaws and risks are being identified all the time.
Staying on top of updates is essential, but it is not a  guarantee that you
cannot have problems. It just makes it less likely. The pattern has been
punch, counterpunch between the good guys and the bad guys and will probably
remain so. I just do what I can to be as safe as I can. But maybe I am being
overly cautious. I don't have anything on my computer that I can't afford to
lose. All my programs can be re-installed. My drivers are safely backed up.
I don't store sensitive info like credit card, social security, or driver's
license numbers on my PC. It's just a toy. I don't do anything important
with it except keep in touch with great people like the ones I've met on
this list.

George
+++
My darkness inside is full of stars - and each one has a name.