[opendtv] Re: Toward digital TV

  • From: "John Shutt" <shuttj@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 16 Dec 2005 09:46:44 -0500

Doug,

We'd be willing to go to 1 MW but the FCC won't let us.  This whole
convoluted process won't even let us place our DTV on our analog channel
after turn-off.  We're stuck using yet a third frequency (our DTV is on
Qualcomm's 55 right now) that isn't compatible with our transmission line
lengths, and at our current pathetic power levels because the FCC says it
replicates our NTSC coverage.

John