[opendtv] Re: News: Leno Will Stay At NBC In Prime Time

  • From: "John Willkie" <johnwillkie@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 12 Dec 2008 10:49:24 -0800

You mean that contracts only have one party?  Once again, I note that Rupert
Murdoch outbid NBC for the Olympics almost two decades ago, wanting to make
it pay in the U.S.  The IOC took NBC's lower (but broadcast) bid.

Those who forget (or didn't pay attention to) history are condemned to
repeat it.

If the rights holders see more value in streaming content to consumers (like
MLB) they can and will do it.

John Willkie, who understands contract law, and knows that it takes two to
tango.