[opendtv] Re: News: Leno Will Stay At NBC In Prime Time

  • From: "John Willkie" <johnwillkie@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 12 Dec 2008 19:43:37 -0800

Still seems like a comprehension problem on your part, Cliff.

I didn't ask about a single pre-emption that was already mentioned on this
list, I was asking about a program.  You know, like "Monday Night Football"
is a program, and last Monday's game was an "event."

Boy, oh boy, will you go to lengths to avoid the obvious; you can only
provide one television program and another single-instance airing to support
your case.

And, need I remind you and Tom that neither of you purport to watch sports
on tv.

Now, the question is: did ESPN have higher viewership than the part aired on
ABC, and did the replacement program on ABC have higher viewership than the
airing on ESPN?

One item isn't a trend.  It takes two events to begin to suggest a pattern.
Lacking nothing more than one-time occurrences (in two different scales) you
and Tom have no argument; only fears.

Fears that may be realized, but have yet to be.  And fears that will not
affect you personally.  Dan is another matter; he watches NASCAR.

Sounds to me your fears are something like complaining about the dinner
settings on the Titanic, when you are a passenger on a later cruise.

John Willkie