[opendtv] Re: News: Leno Will Stay At NBC In Prime Time

  • From: "John Willkie" <johnwillkie@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 9 Dec 2008 21:10:00 -0800

TOM: GET IT THROUGH YOUR thick HEAD THAT NETWORKS DON'T OWN SPORTS CONTENT;
THEY LICENSE IT FOR ONE TIME AIRING.

AND 'MUCH AS SPORTS SEEM TO BE DOING' IS VIRTUALLY FALSE.  I'll credit you
with Monday Night Football, even though NO NETWORK OWNS IT.  Provide me with
the second instance where free sports content has gone to a "company owned
premium channel.'

And, it's isn't redirected; if this had yet to be done a second time, it
would be an instance of something seeking the highest profit potential, or
"highest and best use."

Do you ALSO want to repeal the laws of economics?

In 1988, Rupert Murdoch outbid NBC for the Olympics; he wanted to put the
1992 olympics on pay tv.  The IOC went for broadcast and NBC.

John Willkie