[opendtv] Re: News: Leno Will Stay At NBC In Prime Time

  • From: Cliff Benham <flyback1@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 10 Dec 2008 03:20:01 -0500

John Willkie wrote:
Same here, and I wasn't trying to cast illusions to you.  Funny that Tom
went to sports, when he says either that he only watches scripted dramas
(same here, mostly) and doesn't seem to watch sports much.

Television is changing, but if you read the NY Times article, Peter
Lassally, the former Johnny Carson producer, says that NBC offered him the
same type of deal in the late 1980's, and Carson rejected it.
The more things change, the more they stay the same.

I watch the news, Nasa, occasionally History, Discovery, NPR's Nova, a little sports, but mostly DVDs.

I just got a set called 'Toscanini: The Television Concerts 1948-1952'. Ten live concerts that aired *once* on NBC Television, now in stunningly restored B&W kinescopes with excellent audio.