[opendtv] Re: DVB considers SVC for 1080p and hierarchical modulation

  • From: "John Willkie" <johnwillkie@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 12 Dec 2008 10:45:38 -0800

Gee, are you missing the point.  I have QuickTime loaded on my computer as I
write this, and it has been loaded since I commissioned this hard drive
many, many months ago.  I've also installed at least two Quick Time
"upgrades" since then.  I've used Quick Time for almost a decade.

I just used it last night.  It crapped out.  Fine, quality software.
Crapped out after loading two plugins to render an MPEG-2 file.

However, I did not load the latest version, so the damn webpage wouldn't let
me download or stream the file you pointed me to.  Not being a fanboy of
Apple, and not wanting to actually work to remove the many layers of crap
that Apple bundles into the "free" download, I couldn't view the file.
Tough shit.

I have at least five media players on my computer (Windows Media, VLC, Real,
Divx, QuickTime).  Real and QuickTime I almost never use, nor have a need to
use.

John Willkie