[opendtv] Re: Is 'Fair Use' in Peril?]]

  • From: johnwillkie@xxxxxxxxxx
  • To: opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 25 Nov 2004 11:51:43 -0800 (PST)

Your work colleague is chicken-shit.  This is the third passive-agressive
posting he has made to me or the list through you.

However, he's quite sanguine compared to his Polish anarchist friend.
Where does anarchy exist in the world?  Who's clamoring for it?  (Not a
single rational human.)

Yeah, democracy will not work in the United States.  All you have to do is
to ignore the past 2.25 centuries, and all you have to do is to look at
Poland (as just one example) now.

Having a few years under my belt, and having more than a few friends who
are or were anarchist, Trotskyist, Marxist-Leninist, Maoist and the like,
I have a perspective:  they're just as fixated on being twelve year old
boys and girls as the fixated brand of homosexuals who want the whole
world to appear as it did to them at age twelve or so.

Cliff, consider this a direct affront not to you, but to your work
colleague (I realize he's a member and he thinks I'm anti-cable; that must
mean that I am not) and his puerile friend.

Equating american democracy with Imperialism is the height of illogic and
sophistry.  Does the U.S. occupy Europe?  The Phillipines?  Vietnam?
South Korea?  Japan?  Cuba? Nicaragua?  El Salvador? North Africa?

You have to redefine Imperialism as something that Imperialist would never
recognize (eg: the 'racial' term "anglo") before you can even begin to
compare and contrast the U.S. with an imperialist power.

"Control" is another idiotic concept here.  How do the entertainment media
oligopoly control me?  Don't I have to opt-in to their belief on my own
for this "control' to be apt?

I just love dealing with idiots talking off-topic.  Give me another soft
pitch, and I'll try for another home-run.

Long may it wave.

John Willkie