[opendtv] Re: Global warming - was A Station Group with a Future

  • From: Cliff Benham <flyback1@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 11 Feb 2007 22:34:26 -0500

Scientists say that cosmic rays from outer space play a far greater role in changing the Earth's climate

than global warming experts previously thought.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml?xml=/news/2007/02/11/warm11.xml

Maybe we really DON'T understand all we know about this.
~Cliff

Tom Barry wrote:

We also should maybe be concerned the ecosystem does not 'decide' to prove it is self regulating by discontinuing humans as one of the possible adjustments.

- Tom

Dale Kelly wrote:

Bert wrote:

By the way, if people have a need to wring hands, think about this one.
As the sun ages, it becomes hotter. In geological time, this happens
unnervingly soon. I've seen suggestions that as this happens, we'll have to do something drastic to buy us some time. Including moving the planet
to a different orbit, further from the sun, to allow life forms we know
today to continue to survive.

Were the Eco system self regulating, as you believe, why then would the
earth not self regulate it's orbit as required? Of course, I suppose one
could make the argument that, as a component of the Eco system, this is mans
responsibility, assuming he survives his current self inflicted
dilemmas.....