[opendtv] Re: Global warming - was A Station Group with a Future

  • From: Mark Aitken <maitken@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 12 Feb 2007 15:08:13 -0500

Bob, tell us, what does it feel like to have no future?

There is but one God...not everyone knows him. THAT is the pity...and as a nation, we are suffering because we have allowed ourselves to be stripped of the ability to come to know and understand who this God is.

Mark

Bob Miller wrote:
Which one?

The one that performs miracles willy nilly but AFAIK never has
answered the prayer of someone who lost an arm or leg, in the entire
history of man. That one discriminates.

How about the one that is all powerful, omnipresent, always was and
always will be. That one not only created all things but the act of
creation included maintaining all things all the time. A perpetual act
of creation. Everything that we know could have been created as it is
with all its historical records and memories, all the carbon dating
data, everything created since I began this post. That God can change
everything on the fly before I end this sentence. That God makes
everything we do irrelevant. All you have to do is believe in it. It
requires belief for some reason.

Everyone that believes, believes in a different God. Just ask anyone
in the same denomination 10 questions about the God they believe in
and they will contradict each other 7 out of 10 times.

So we have to pick a green God who would deign to intercede in its own
creation and fix things that we may have messed up. We might have to
come to some kind of agreement on our culpability before we make that
petition though. We could call that God the fixer. He might even help
us with our side in the Superbowl next year.

Bob Miller

On 2/12/07, Mark Aitken <maitken@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

 I recall mentioning GOD... does that count?

 Manfredi, Albert E wrote:
 Dale Kelly wrote:

 The mantra of the "intelligent designer" is: "don't
confuse the issue with facts, I've already made up
my mind!

 The problem with that comment, Dale, is that no one in this thread ever
mentioned any "intelligent design."

Even an atheist can see that living forms are self-regulating
mechanisms. That's not in doubt. Since the ecosystem is a system of
systems, there's no reason to doubt that it too is a self-regulating
mechanism, especially because we can see this in action (e.g. rain
clouds forming when too many particulates are in the air, CO2 fostering
plant growth, water vapor's cooling effect, etc.).

By the way, if people have a need to wring hands, think about this one.
As the sun ages, it becomes hotter. In geological time, this happens
unnervingly soon. I've seen suggestions that as this happens, we'll have
to do something drastic to buy us some time. Including moving the planet
to a different orbit, further from the sun, to allow life forms we know
today to continue to survive.

1B years or so.

><> ><> ><> ><> ><> ><> ><>
Regards,
Mark A. Aitken
Director, Advanced Technology
<>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <><
===================================
Sinclair Broadcast Group
10706 Beaver Dam Road
Hunt Valley, MD 21030
===================================
Business TEL: (410) 568-1535
Business MOBILE: (443) 677-4425
Business FAX: (410) 568-1580
E-mail: maitken@xxxxxxxxxx
Text PAGE: page.maitken@xxxxxxxxxx
HTML PAGE: 4436774425@xxxxxxxxxx
www.newscentral.tv
www.sbgi.net
===================================

"As far as the laws of mathematics
refer to reality, they are not certain,
and as far as they are certain,
they do not refer to reality."

------- Albert Einstein-------

===================================

"I like nonsense—it wakes up the brain cells.
Fantasy is a necessary ingredient in living.
It's a way of looking at life through the
wrong end of a telescope...and that enables
you to laugh at all of life's realities."

~ ~ Theodor S. Geisel, a.k.a. "Dr. Seuss" ~ ~

Regards,
Mark A. Aitken
Director, Advanced Technology
Sinclair Broadcast Group