[opendtv] Re: Global warming - was A Station Group with a Future

  • From: Craig Birkmaier <craig@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 10 Feb 2007 05:46:42 -0500

At 9:44 PM -0500 2/9/07, Bob Miller wrote:
They were right? Meteors are not included in the system?

Sorry but unfortunately they are in the system along with many other
nasty things.

As Bob thinks that humans have the ability to "control" our environment, the potential for another meteor collision is worth consideration. At least with a meteor, we "might" have the technology to either launch a nuclear attack as it approaches and break it up into smaller fragments, or to alter its trajectory to avoid a hit all together.

It is a good mental exercise to examine what it would take to accomplish such a task in the same light as what it would take to control the Earth's weather systems.