[opendtv] Re: Global warming - was A Station Group with a Future

  • From: "Dale Kelly" <dalekelly@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 12 Feb 2007 14:02:53 -0800

Not in your context nor in my book...
  -----Original Message-----
  From: opendtv-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:opendtv-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx]On
Behalf Of Mark Aitken
  Sent: Monday, February 12, 2007 8:19 AM
  To: opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  Subject: [opendtv] Re: Global warming - was A Station Group with a Future

  I recall mentioning GOD... does that count?

  Manfredi, Albert E wrote:
Dale Kelly wrote:

  The mantra of the "intelligent designer" is: "don't
confuse the issue with facts, I've already made up
my mind!

The problem with that comment, Dale, is that no one in this thread ever
mentioned any "intelligent design."

Even an atheist can see that living forms are self-regulating
mechanisms. That's not in doubt. Since the ecosystem is a system of
systems, there's no reason to doubt that it too is a self-regulating
mechanism, especially because we can see this in action (e.g. rain
clouds forming when too many particulates are in the air, CO2 fostering
plant growth, water vapor's cooling effect, etc.).

By the way, if people have a need to wring hands, think about this one.
As the sun ages, it becomes hotter. In geological time, this happens
unnervingly soon. I've seen suggestions that as this happens, we'll have
to do something drastic to buy us some time. Including moving the planet
to a different orbit, further from the sun, to allow life forms we know
today to continue to survive.

1B years or so.

><>   ><>   ><>   ><>   ><>   ><>   ><>
Regards,
Mark A. Aitken
Director, Advanced Technology
<><   <><   <><   <><   <><   <><   <><
===================================
Sinclair Broadcast Group
10706 Beaver Dam Road
Hunt Valley, MD 21030
===================================
Business TEL: (410) 568-1535
Business MOBILE: (443) 677-4425
Business FAX: (410) 568-1580
E-mail: maitken@xxxxxxxxxx
Text PAGE: page.maitken@xxxxxxxxxx
HTML PAGE: 4436774425@xxxxxxxxxx
www.newscentral.tv
www.sbgi.net
===================================

"As far as the laws of mathematics
refer to reality, they are not certain,
and as far as they are certain,
they do not refer to reality."

------- Albert Einstein-------

"I like nonsense?it wakes up the brain cells.
Fantasy is a necessary ingredient in living.
It's a way of looking at life through the
wrong end of a telescope...and that enables
you to laugh at all of life's realities."

~ ~ Theodor S. Geisel, a.k.a. "Dr. Seuss" ~ ~